– Rep. Clint Owlett (R-Tioga/Bradford/Potter) today announced that forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for the 2018 tax year are now available.
“We have many seniors living on fixed incomes who can greatly benefit from this program,” said Owlett. “If you or someone you know may be eligible for this program, please reach out to my office for assistance.”
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2018. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Income eligibility limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
Owlett reminds residents that they need not pay a private entity for assistance in filing the forms. Copies of the forms, as well as assistance with filing them, are available at his offices at no cost. Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
For additional information or assistance, contact Owlett’s offices at (570) 724-1390 in Wellsboro or (570) 297-3045 in Troy. A link to additional information about the program, as well as access to downloadable forms, is also available on his website at RepOwlett.com
Representative Clint Owlett
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tricia Lehman